The on-line application period for 2013 has closed!
We still have many different areas in need of volunteers. Walk ins are still welcome, but you will be assigned as needed. Thank you to everyone who has already applied, this is going to be a great fest
!A lot of the magic that you see at the Festival happens because people like you become enchanted with the atmosphere they find here and want to become a deeper part of it.
- Read specific job descriptions and apply to be a volunteer.
- Help on the day of the festival or help prepare for the festival.
- Your organization (Girl/Boy Scouts, church or other youth group) could use the Fairie Festival to satisfy requirements for a badge or other project. Your high school may accept volunteering at the festival to meet Community Service requirements. Spoutwood is a 501(c) 3 non profit educational organization.
Helping on the Day of the Festival
Being within the swirl of the festival is especially wonderful when you know you've helped make it happen!
- Free admission! Volunteers who sign up for time slots will be reimbursed their entrance fee after they have completed their designated times.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to volunteer.
- Volunteer slots are 2 hrs.
- If you are a member of an organization such as the Girl or Boy Scouts, a church youth group or an arts organization, we could be mutually beneficial! Maybe your members need a project for a badge, or a project for a grade or credit.
- High school students, you may use your volunteer hours towards your community service credits.
- Go to the jobs page to read specific job descriptions. Send the volunteer coordinator an
for more information, or call Rob at (717) 235-6610.
Preparing for the Festival
Planning the festival is almost as much fun as being at the festival. Not only that, but the anticipation as the festival draws closer is magical. You'll make new friends and become part of the amazing Spoutwood Family!
- Come to our meetings! Our meetings are scheduled more and more closely together as the festival draws ever near! Check the Spoutwood Calendar for meeting and work day schedules..
- Subscribe to our general Fairie Festival Group and/or our Volunteers Group.
- We have great work parties! Get ready! Build stages, clean up areas, decorate the Dark Fairie Realm... come on over, it's fun!